...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Yes, you can dance to indie rock. (April 17, 2005)

I looked at my little blog on here and realized how vague and impersonal it is. I wonder if my subconscious has purposefully made me write in this fashion and if so, why? Since my last journal site was crammed full of thoughts and emotion one would think I'd do the same thing here... like most people being a creature of habit and all. My goal in joining MySpace was to talk to people instead of a machine and I suppose I have succeeded in achieving this goal for the most part. That's exciting news. Changing to ultimately better yourself is a big accomplishment. On the other hand, it could just be because there was a pretty slim chance of anyone actually reading my live journal so I wasn't afraid to write. Hmmm... yeah, I am definitely going to go with the first one. I've been emailing people about my grandmother's toe nails, so there's no way I'm afraid of writing. Now I'm beginning to feel nostalgic, perhaps I will revisit my old journal and see if anything has changed since my days of daily blogging. Wow, I just sounded like a total geek.

In other news, I finally went indie night at I-Bar. I have no idea why I've never gone before. I'm a big fan of the music and I've broken in a few pairs of new shoes for Sunday Night Vinyl... so there really wasn't a good reason other then the fact that I just didn't have anyone to go with. Now that I have the most amazing dance partner ever, I hope to repeat the experience in the future. There was one particular song that played that made my heart literally skip a beat due the fact that I had previously had a dream involving it, the aforementioned club and the aforementioned company. It's a very popular indie song, so I shouldn't have been surprised that it was played, but it still seemed surreal due to the whole déjà vu/dream thing. Strange coincidences happen a lot in my life which leads me to believe that fate and destiny are real and that there is no such thing as a coincidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment