
There is a reason for everything (April 10, 2005)
It wasn't long ago that my roommate made a comment about me not playing with my dog enough. My response was that my dog didn't like to play and was getting old. Today I found a tennis ball on the back porch and took that as a hint. I decided to take a break from working to go out and actually utilize the backyard that I have here. I open the door and pick up the ball, and my dog starts running around excitedly... and I throw it, a wussy girl throw... and it goes about 10 feet. She brings it back and I decide to throw it across the yard this time. She takes off after it, snatches it off the ground and comes barreling back towards me... but then stops short, drops the ball and begins to choke on dirt. The bad mother that I am finds this hilarious, so I sit down laughing, but try to call her over so I can pat her back or something in an attempt to help. She obviously knows that it's her situation that amuses me and refuses to come, and stays out in the middle of the yard for another 10 minutes yacking up mud (all the while I'm still laughing at her). When she finally gets up and comes over, I pet her and gave her some water and apologized for trying something new. I may never know for sure whether my original answer to my roommate was accurate or if my poor dog just isn't bright enough to play fetch or maybe she has asthma ... but regardless, my point is that there is a reason why I do and do not do things, so I don't think I'll be taking anymore suggestions from the roomie. I just looked over and saw that my dog has fallen asleep in the corner... I guess the two throws really wore her out. Ok, well... at least I went outside today... back to work.


0 comments:
Post a Comment