...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Someone once told me I was a cat person. (February 17, 2006)

I've told people before that it's the little things in life that bring me the most joy. Today, I experienced just another fine piece of evidence to back up my claim... and possibly raise more questions as to why I own a dog rather then a cat. Be forewarned that I cannot explain the following story.

As I am sure anyone who reads this is just dying to know, I left my desk for a quick potty break around 10 AM this morning. It was just moments later that I discovered exactly why cats run to use the litter box within seconds of their humans scooping all of their business out of it. I pushed open the door to the last stall on the right and noticed that the seat was up and the water was filled with sudsy bubbles. I was overcome with an insane sense of glee as I put the seat down and turned around.... and as I sat, I suddenly realized that I was feeling happiness due to the fact that I was the first one to use the toilet since the janitorial staff had cleaned the bathroom during the night. I have no idea why this brought me so much joy, nor can I explain my need to share this with the world... but suddenly, I can relate to cats. Me... the girl who hates the fact that you have to beg a feline to give you the time of day and would rather rub its side on the edge of a table then let you pet it... the girl who's always thought dogs were better due to their undying loyalty and unconditional love... all of a sudden feels somehow connected to those snobby, four-legged meow-buckets. Though, as disturbing as I am finding this revelation to be, I'm still pretty stoked about getting to sit on a squeaky clean potty. Yes, I really *am* that strange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment