
Happy Friday the 13th (May 13, 2005)
OK, so I did the Mother's Day thing last weekend and drove all over visiting the grandma, the mother & the stepmother and upon returning home found that the roommate had begun to pack up all her stuff. Among her things that had begun disappearing from the common areas of the house were the computer monitor and keyboard. Kinda hard to get online with just my PC and a mouse. I didn't think much about why she'd done this because she does really stupid things on a weekly basis. I assumed she was just pissed off because I'd gotten tired of her "I paid 16 cents more then you last month on the power and my lizard and fish lights use less voltage then you turning on your computer and you take like 7 times more showers then I do *see, right there, admitting I'm cleaner, nice, just had to point that out* and a few other paragraphs trying to justify her boyfriend living with us for free" emails and I blocked them from going to my inbox. I honestly thought that if she needed to communicate with me, she should try talking to me in person, seeing how we live together and all... but I guess I expect too much. After work Tuesday, I came home with a new monitor, keyboard, desk, etc., & set it all up... upon powering up, I discovered that the Windows screen was asking me for my administrative password. This was odd since I didn't have one. Curious, I clicked "give me my password hint"... to which a little box popped up that read "I'll never tell." I suppose she figured I wouldn't be able to get around that & I'd have to wipe my hard drive, loose my music and other files and start from scratch. However, I am lucky enough to know a computer savvy hacker (an extremely hot one, might I add) who burned me a boot disk that allowed me to reset the password in all of 3 minutes. Despite the fact that this little ordeal was only a minor annoyance, the evil intent behind her plan is rather astounding. Needless to say, I now have my DSL connection and computer in my bedroom and a doorknob on my door that locks from the outside for when I'm not home. So much for being nice and sharing things. The point of writing all that was to explain why I've been MIA and not responding to emails all week. The roommate is out of here within 2 weeks, I get the place to myself for the month of June & hopefully by July 1st I'll have a normal, nondestructive and responsible new roommate. Until then, I'll keep my door locked & her thinking that she "sure did get me" with her computer prank. I'm afraid that if I let her know it didn't work or if I attempt any sort of revenge (and believe me, I've got some lovely ideas), she'll try to damage something else of mine that I can't lock up in my room... like a couch or worse, my car... so I'll wait it out like a sane person should... besides, now that I believe in Karma, I don't have to act... she'll dig her own hole and fall in. I'd like to say that I remained the better person through all of this. Although, my good friend has told me that he wouldn't mind putting some Visine in her tea. If someone else commits an act of sabotage, will it still count against me? The idea of her having to run to the bathroom a lot and not knowing why... then drinking more tea and it happening again... is very appealing to me in a sick sort of way... In other news, I'm in great spirits due to this being a great day... no a better than great day! I'm so happy that such a crappy week ended well. First I had the most excellent evening after the cable guy left yesterday and it extended through this morning. After arriving to work on time... yes, I did it, I know it's a shock... I noticed that my desk had a balloon and some banners on it... they read "Happy Birthday." Upon checking my email, I discovered that my boss had neglected to take myself and two other employees out to lunch for their birthdays... though mine was in March, I say better late then never, especially when it involves free food. At 10:00 AM, I attacked the receptionist who was aware that I would be expecting a package in the FedEx delivery. She pointed to a box on her desk, and I swear it was glowing... like the Holy Grail or something. I think I actually squeaked. Then I grabbed it and ran back to my desk and ripped off the tape. It certainly felt like my birthday when I pulled out the most beautifully packaged piece of merchandise ever created. Yes, folks... we're talking about my new 60GB iPod. The rest of the day went pretty well considering a large part of it was consumed by our 2 hour lunch at Don Pablos (not my pick, but again, free is good), but I'm too obsessed with getting my iPod all hooked up tonight so I can play it in my car while driving around tomorrow to update my blog as to the smelly situation or any other office updates. I'm noticing that iTunes is importing my music from CDs rather slow, but at least it only took a few minutes to transfer all of my stuff from my MusicMatch jukebox. Now I'm just rambling on as my music transfers... I suppose I could write some emails. Yeah, I don't care if this blog sucks... I have an iPod and that's so awesome :-) Music makes everything better... even this partially incoherent ranting. Figures that Friday the 13th,a day that is supposed to bring bad luck or misfortune turns out to be my best day in a while... guess that makes me the opposite of the rest of the general population?


0 comments:
Post a Comment