...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Life Update (a/k/a Boring Entry) (June 3, 2005)

I was counting the days until the expiration of my current lease and the day that I part ways with the roommate from hell forever... and now I find that the deadline is fast approaching... not that I should be complaining. Since the whole computer password incident, there have been other fun instances where her car was parked in the MIDDLE of the garage, preventing me from parking in it, dead fish left in an empty plastic cup on top of the fish tank in the living room which lead to a lovely odor, etc... I could go on, but I'd rather leave the past where it belongs and focus on the brighter future ahead. I found what appears to be a great new roommate... only problem is that he's got the same situation as myself: a 3 bedroom house with a roommate that didn't work out & in need of a replacement. we checked out each other's houses and much to my dismay (because I hate packing, moving & repainting), his house appears to be the better choice. My landlady is very sad and even offered to let me stay month to month, paying only my half, until I found a suitable roommate. As much as I'd love to take advantage of that offer, it doesn't seem fair to the owner of my house, for she could easily rent it out to a family or someone who could pay the full amount. Plus, the new house is a little cheaper and literally 5 minutes from my place of work... so I might make it to work on time without speeding... imagine that! Anyway, I would like to personally extend a public thank you to my MySpace friend Alex who referred me to a site called Craig's List where I was contacted by my future roommate. Good job... Hershey (a/k/a Rex) says you're not such a bad guy after all... I don't know what she means by that, I'm just relaying the message.

Alrighty then, I suppose I should start to consider packing now... oh and I'm posting after hours from work because my internet connection at home has been out of commission since last week. Supposedly someone is coming to check the line between the hours of 8 AM and Who-knows-when tomorrow and then maybe I'll be able to get back online & write some emails, download some music... ahh, that would be nice... I feel so lost not being connected... I actually read a book the other night, so I guess something good came out of it, hehehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment