...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Gag me with a spoon. (July 18, 2008)

Enough with the grossness. However, if you're not a fan of schmoopsy things, you should probably skip this blog.

As if it weren't enough that Jason often packs my lunch for me when I forget and fall asleep on the couch at night, he's recently taken up drawing pictures for me on my lunch bag:


Photobucket

And if that weren't enough to illustrate why I fell for this guy, then try this on for size. As many of you know, Jason was disheartened by the lack of employment opportunities in Daytona, so he decided to be his own boss. After investing bu-coo bucks into fancy equipment and much time spent on creative advertising strategies, "voila" he's got his own landscaping business. (Calm down. No worries, we still have baby money... the investing is all in the form of a convenient payment plan.) Anyway, the other day he patiently waited to give me his very first business card:


Photobucket

In addition, on the back of these cards he had printing done that would allow him to drive by and pass out free estimates to residences just by filling in the blank... and he made this one for me:


Photobucket


Awwww... come on, now... how freaking adorable is that? Sometimes I feel lucky... and other times I feel even luckier. Oh, and as for all the townsfolk that are receiving cards with actual monetary amounts on the back... they're calling... and paying. So far, I think we're off to a good start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment