
Doorways and in-between places. (May 16, 2007)
Sometimes I write things and wonder later if I'm any good at it. This isn't a case of a girl fishing for compliments, so feel free to withhold any urges to leave fluff commentary on this one. I have a select group of friends that have given me praise, the highest compliment a writer can receive... and that is that they feel that they are there with me as they read my entries. All I've ever wanted is to be able to convey my thoughts and emotions in a way that made communication and sharing a deeper and more meaningful experience. Sometimes I feel that I have been successful in this. However, I did write that first sentence for a reason. There have been other times when I've written or said something and another's response indicates that they may have completely missed my main point all together. If I expound upon choices, greater purposes and the beauty of human logic and read later that my thoughts have been passed off as religious hullabaloo... then what am I to think? Do I sometimes fail to explain my points in an understandable manner or are people not as open to having an open mind as they might like to be? Should I stick to my humorous storytelling in an effort to avoid the frustrations that come from wanting to over-explain? Should I allow people to miss my point, take what they want and not worry about the fact that what I wanted them to hear was not important to them? The problem is that I cannot afford to fly to far off destinations to provide new experience blogs every weekend... sometimes my life is boring and all I have to share are the random thoughts bouncing around in my head. None of this really has a point... it's just that I've got so much packed away inside at the moment and I can't find the motivation to type it out. Over the past three years, I've had no trouble journaling... I could and would write about anything and make it sound interesting. The past few months have been different. Perhaps the problem is that I'm not writing for myself anymore. It might be time to change that. In fact, I think I just found the purpose behind this blog.


0 comments:
Post a Comment