...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Helping the environment: step one. (May 13, 2007)

As all of my close friends know, this time last year was the beginning of a great new chapter in my life. I'd finally ended an unhealthy relationship then moved into my very own condo. In place of a move to New York to get a new perspective on life, I changed my window's view in Altamonte instead. This place has been my home for just short of a year (and has been a surrogate home to a few of my friends on quite a few weekends as well). Knowing that this isn't just an address, but a symbol of the progression I've made in my life, makes this official announcement almost seem shocking. Ready? Ok, here it is: I'm moving... downtown. I'm not gaining square footage and I love my current condo. Why the move then? Well, the new place is a one to two minute drive from work depending on traffic. In fact, I don't plan on driving at all... I'm going to buy a bicycle. Goodbye hundreds of dollars wasted on gasoline, goodbye stop and go traffic on I-4 every day and hello downtown living! My official moving day is scheduled for June 16th. Now, let us all share a moment of silence for the place that was dubbed "Tanya's B&B"...

Now that the proper respects have been paid, here's a quick picture of the new pad. I'll snap a few of the inside once I move in. It's cute, isn't it? Yes, the cushions to my bench on the porch match perfectly and no, that isn't what sold me on the place... but it didn't hurt, either! (Hehe.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment