
Buccaneer Blogfest - Final Countdown - Part 3
Click any the photo link below for full details:
Today's prompt is: Reflection post: Share your experience from this blogfest. What are the next steps you want to take with your blog?
This is it... the last stop on this blog hop. I sincerely look forward to hopping to as many of the other blogs as I can to read this post above all others... ok, well maybe not above the first paragraphs of every one's WIPs, because that was a blast! However, this prompt will be interesting because it will bring out all the reasons why we're all here and what's in store for each of us as we continue to "sail the blogging seas".
Over the course of the last few weeks, I found (at minimum) 10 new blogs that I REALLY want to follow, belonging to 10 writers whose work I REALLY want to continue reading. Feeling connected to a group, whether online or in life, can prove to be essential to creative motivation. I have this Blogfest to thank for keeping me on a writing schedule, posting something at least 3 times a week. Developing good writing habits is something that I desperately need to improve upon and I think this blog hop was a great start. Already, a few ideas have begun to take shape to scale the wall I hit with my sci-fi WIP. I'm excited to continue writing and everyone I've met through this experience has truly inspired me to finish what I've started.
As for what's next... well, I'm not going to lie. I'll probably post less. Due to my time being so limited, I think devoting myself to one post a week may allow for me to actually put a dent in my word count of my two current WIPs. Eventually, I'd like to post one progress report on my creative writing efforts/accomplishments, one daily life observance/thought of the day style post and one flash fiction piece. It was a challenge, but the Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule of this fest worked out pretty well for me. I've seen a lot of bloggers posting with set weekly schedules, like "Flash Fiction Fridays" and while I'm not there just yet... I hope to be soon.



0 comments:
Post a Comment