
Never Surrender
I think that anyone who's read my recent blog hop postings can gather that my journey from childhood to present wasn't an easy one, but then again, who can truly say that theirs was? I've yet to meet a single human being that hasn't had to overcome obstacles in life. When I saw this particular blog fest that asked participants to write about a time that they didn't give up and accomplished something significant in their lives, about a billion things popped into my head. Should I share a snippet about an award won, a job promotion, or finding some luck in love? This is a difficult topic for me, as I feel like I'm still in "never surrender" mode right now, at this very moment. One of my personal goals that I've had since I first put pencil to paper has been to document my life story. I've always hoped that sharing my experiences might help someone feel inspired to keep pushing forward in their own endeavors. I've written tiny pieces of my story over the course of the last eight years, though none of it was cohesive enough to string together. Just before this Christmas past, I took a leap of faith and moved over a thousand miles away from my comfort zone and found inspiration in a place where I least expected it: from the kind words of strangers. Each of whom shares a common goal and passion for writing and sharing their stories. There's something to be said of establishing a sense if community and kinship with like minded people. And I have been reminded that I am so lucky to live in a time where technology can bring us together, regardless of physical distance, to encourage creative growth in one another. So, for my contribution to this theme, I believe THIS is me not surrendering, right here... right now. Unlike years past, I will not give up on writing. I will not use life distractions as excuses to go months without writing. I will not let doubtful thoughts deter me from sharing my story. I will not slack in sharing support for my fellow writers. I will finish what I started. I will never, ever surrender. And I have whomever is reading this to thank... so, thank you. Yes, YOU. :-)



Congrats on not giving up! Writing as an act of liberation better that all the therapy the world could afford; it's also an act of valor as it requires to open your soul bare for the world to see. In my life I've been very fortunate and the difficulties I've had to overcome haven't been really that difficult, more over when I look at the hard lives so many others have had in my country, Mexico. Still, like you, I've had to work hard to achieve my goals and right now, writing is my goal. Finding new ways to succeed is my present fight, and I'm intent on winning it.
Keep fighting, I'm sure you will succeed. Loved your blog! (Coming from the Insecure Writer's Support Group)
Such an inspirational declaration. I feel the same way about my writing. It's a lot of work, but I refuse to give up, too. For me, these motivational posts from other writers goes a long way. and I thank you for writing it. Yes, you! :)