
A Year and A week... or a Year like a Week
It's hard to believe that I haven't written a blog in just over a year. I suppose one could say that being too busy to spend personal time on a computer is a good thing, or that a year flying by too quickly to stop to jot down memories is common. I'm not satisfied with either of those two statements. The simple truth is that it was a challenging year... 2011 started of with negativity and nostalgia and delved into uncertainty and dissatisfaction before it began it's upward decent toward a change that was a long time in the making. The main source being being centered around my career. I was wearing too many hats, working too late, too hard and caring too much... for employers that paid me too little and cared about me even less. It was crushing to realize that the organization I had believed in so deeply was riddled with corruption. Oddly enough, a fortune teller at our "roaring twenties" Halloween party told me that I would make a decision in mid-November that would put my career life back on the path it was meant to be. She also said that it would be a major change for my family. Not putting much credence in tarot readers, I didn't think much of it until I received a job offer that paid a bit more for less responsibility... in mid-December. Also, this new job was in Dallas, TX.
My final month in the Sunshine State was a whirlwind of driving, visiting, packing and planning... that lead me to begin 2012 in a new town, a new state and with endless possibilities. Just today, I took an hour long hike on a trail behind my development and made a new friend... a beautiful horse with a scar. For now, I'm not taking my work home with me and I'm focused on regaining my passions in life. Writing will resume soon, via blog and other creative outlets... and my photography already has...
My final month in the Sunshine State was a whirlwind of driving, visiting, packing and planning... that lead me to begin 2012 in a new town, a new state and with endless possibilities. Just today, I took an hour long hike on a trail behind my development and made a new friend... a beautiful horse with a scar. For now, I'm not taking my work home with me and I'm focused on regaining my passions in life. Writing will resume soon, via blog and other creative outlets... and my photography already has...



Tell Sara J. Parker I said hi.
I've never been to TX. I can't wait to visit!
Hooray for having time for creativity! I hope your new job helps you to be more balanced.