
What's in a name? (June 18, 2005)
Though the entire week was pretty crappy and my outlook was rather gloomy, I realized today that focusing on just the smallest positive thing can make you feel worlds better. Being born in America and raised to take everything for granted, it is hard to remember to be happy with what you've got rather then be upset about what you don't. However, I am one of the lucky ones who wasn't/isn't spoiled and has had to work very hard to get where they are, so for me it usually only takes a few days to snap out of it and find something to be happy about. Little things like a hug, a smile or a funny story always help get me out of "a funk." Since last night, I've experienced all three and I will share the story part with whomever cares to read it... in hopes that it might help improve someone else's day as well:
Working in an industry where you receive files from clients from all over the country, you encounter a lot of unusual names. Last week I came across a woman who's first name had 20 letters... It started with an L, had "ie" in the middle and ended with "letter." I wish I could remember it, but I can't. A while ago I encountered a married couple of what I assume to be Asian decent, and the mortgage was in the name of: "Whitar and Mi Ho." One poor woman who I was preparing an eviction for was named "Ophelia Butts." Yes, these are all actual names of actual people. Anyway, today's story is a short one (or maybe not). I was working on a file where a defendant's last name was "Slowcum." Hehehehe... I imagine he's popular with the ladies. Yes, I am aware of how immature it is to find humor in it, but I bet you're laughing, too.


0 comments:
Post a Comment