...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Sexy never tasted so good. (February 9, 2007)

In preparation for the huge Mardi Gras/housewarming/birthday party down in South Florida this weekend, I drove all over the place in search of the perfect Mardi Gras attire last night. Mel, Ames and I decided that we're going to all match and our custom t-shirts will boast a complete sentence when we stand side by side. If that weren't cute enough, we will be covered from head to toe in hot pink and black. This begs the question, if pink is the new black, will we actually be dressed in all black? Anyway, part of this theme also involves being very glittery. Beads and masks just won't be enough for this tacky endeavor, so I was perusing the sale section of brightly colored make-up at a fancy pants salon. As I opened each container of glitter body powder, I noticed that they smelled exactly as they were named (caramel, peppermint, black berry, marshmallow, cherry lemonade, etc.). Having not stopped for dinner, my mouth began to water. The sales clerk peered over and noticed my over-zealous sniffing and stated that these glitter powers were edible. As if I couldn't believe this was possible, I immediately picked up the caramel box, dabbed the powder puff on my wrist and licked it. It tasted exactly as it was labeled! The same was true of the black berry. After nearly running out of lick space on my arm, I dropped the gingersnaps canister on the counter... my body was frozen in a moment of terror. The worried clerk asked me if everything was alright, to which I replied, "How many carbs does this stuff have?"

Ames emerged from the eyebrow waxing room shortly thereafter and hopefully saved my diet by taste testing a few more for me and helping choose which flavor to purchase. Not only will we be very sparkley on Saturday night, but we will taste exactly like cherry lemonade. Yummy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment