...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Halloween Sweets (November 1, 2007)

First, as you all know, I enter the pumpkin carving contest at work each year to win. I'm all about gift certificates and free meals. This year, however... I got a ribbon... for "honorable mention". I'm sorry, but I can't eat a fricken ribbon, people. The pumpkin that took first was a poorly carved rendition of the CEO of my company's face. See the photo below and tell me that I wasn't robbed by some butt kisser:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well enough of that. On to sweeter things... The past two years' Halloween activities included several hours of preparation only to end up and an over-crowded club paying for over-priced drinks... and both years random idiots called Jonathan a Nazi. Since the best part of these nights was the time spent with friends putting our costumes together, I decided that I wouldn't mind staying in this year. Lucky for me, I had someone special to start new traditions with. That's right, my friends... this is the blog you've all been waiting for: the introduction to the new boyfriend entry. I have oodles to share on this topic, but I'm still putting the things in my head into words, so to start off with... you'll all have to be satisfied by a photo blog for now... but stay tuned!

First I answered the door and received a bucket of treats, talk about a role reversal!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not only did I not have to roam the streets knocking on doors, but the bucket contained only my most favorite candy ever!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, this boy knows me well... it's spooky. After a feast of pizza and some Blue Moons, we decided to carve a pumpkin together. The original idea was to model it after the pumpkin head in Sleepy Hollow, but it ended up looking more like Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nice job, huh? We set Mr. Oogie on top of the TV to accent our holiday viewing while consuming candy and candy apples...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First on the list was It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, followed by Slither. Cuddling on the couch to a classic and then a hilarious and gory horror flick is now my idea of the perfect Halloween night... and I can safely say that it's a tradition I wouldn't mind continuing next year! Go ahead and say "Awwwww"... you know you want to :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment