...That's What She Said

Sporadic observations and accounts of my daily world and creative pursuits

Current Status:

Volunteers needed to critique a sci-fi short. Please feel free to comment if up for the challenge!

Quote of the Week:

“A short story is a different thing all together - a short story is like a kiss in the dark from a stranger.” ~Stephen King

Election Night ’08 (November 5, 2008)

After applying for nearly 20 jobs that I found online, I was ready to shift my focus. Sure, it royally sucked that my employer didn't think to give me a heads up while I was out on maternity leave so that I'd have more than 2 weeks to find something new and sure, it seems like a crime that said maternity leave was unpaid, so I'm already financially strapped... and it's nearly insulting that they gave me a mere 2 weeks of severance pay. Then there's the fact that I was sincerely eager to return to Orlando, if only to be closer to select friends just during lunch breaks and the occasional after work dinner. However, I must also admit that I never really liked that job and it never felt like a second home the way the previous one did (with Maribel, Jay, et al.). Now I have the chance to find a new work place with coworkers I might actually like and maybe even one closer to Daytona to save on gas and car wear and tear. Time will tell... until then I am trying my best to focus on the now. I am lucky enough to have extra days at home with my new little boy (who was called an adorable porker by the doctor this morning)... and last night his dad and I introduced him to democracy. The following photos tell the story of how I was able to forget the negativity of the economy's personal effect on me and find happiness and hope for the future of my family, if only for a few hours:


Photobucket
"Thumbs up for change!"

Photobucket
"Look Jackson... this is Barack Obama right here..."

Photobucket
"Hooray! Now instead of Yes, we can... it's Yes, we did!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment