
Easy Four Step Guide to Being a Jerk
How to be a blogosphere jerk:
Step 1: Find a lame excuse(s) such as being sick, having out-of-town guests and/or getting caught up watching all four seasons of Breaking Bad in two weeks.
Check.
Step 2: Procrastinate rectifying the situation by resuming regularly scheduled blogging as slowly as possible after establishing lame excuse(s).
Check.
Step 3: Forget and/or delay going back to and reviewing the results of a blog hop contest that you entered in a timely fashion to comment and congratulate the winners.
Check.
Step 4: Apologize for being such a jerk.
Ch... wait. That's the step I'm missing. Apologizing won't fill in the two week gap on my blog, but hopefully it will show how sorry I am!
It wasn't until a few days ago that I was able to go back and re-visit both Entertaining Interests and Bouquet of Books to see the results of the First Fight/First Kiss Blogfest last month... and wouldn't you know it? Jackie, author behind Bouquet of Books, gave me an Honorable Mention Award for my First Fight entry! Considering she only picked one winner and three honorable mentions out of 35 total entries, I am truly honored. It was some very tough competition and so much fun! So... basically, this apology goes out to Jackie and Danielle. I'm sorry for being such a slacker, but I feel the inspiration kicking back in... and I have the blogfest to thank for that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now I just have to figure out how to proudly display my very first award badge on my blog sidebar. :-)
Step 1: Find a lame excuse(s) such as being sick, having out-of-town guests and/or getting caught up watching all four seasons of Breaking Bad in two weeks.
Check.
Step 2: Procrastinate rectifying the situation by resuming regularly scheduled blogging as slowly as possible after establishing lame excuse(s).
Check.
Step 3: Forget and/or delay going back to and reviewing the results of a blog hop contest that you entered in a timely fashion to comment and congratulate the winners.
Check.
Step 4: Apologize for being such a jerk.
Ch... wait. That's the step I'm missing. Apologizing won't fill in the two week gap on my blog, but hopefully it will show how sorry I am!
It wasn't until a few days ago that I was able to go back and re-visit both Entertaining Interests and Bouquet of Books to see the results of the First Fight/First Kiss Blogfest last month... and wouldn't you know it? Jackie, author behind Bouquet of Books, gave me an Honorable Mention Award for my First Fight entry! Considering she only picked one winner and three honorable mentions out of 35 total entries, I am truly honored. It was some very tough competition and so much fun! So... basically, this apology goes out to Jackie and Danielle. I'm sorry for being such a slacker, but I feel the inspiration kicking back in... and I have the blogfest to thank for that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now I just have to figure out how to proudly display my very first award badge on my blog sidebar. :-)



The best way to apologize for not writing is just to write! Your creativity is a greater gift than your guilt - focus your energy on your work. I've read every entry as you posted them and continue to have so much respect for your talent! Can't wait to read more (and comment more... I should do that).
Aww, you're welcome! But you're not a slacker. Writers need to take time to step away, to recharge.
Your entries were awesome!!!
Awww... thanks guys, I feel less jerky already :-)