
Buccaneer Blogfest - Work In Progress - Part 2
Click the photo link below for full details on this "Arrrg-some" Blogfest:
Hold on to your seats, folks... this will be my very first character interview... EVER. Until I really dug into my one of my two current WIPs, I'd always just written whatever came to mind. However, I was having trouble figuring out the best way to get from my climatic mid-point to my ending. With a million ideas rolling around in my head (ok, maybe not a million, but at least a few)... I became indecisive. Indecision lead to writer's block... and here I am. I think the reason why I am having trouble writing from the heart and on the fly this time around is because I'm writing out of my element. I've never attempted to write sci-fi before, as much as I love reading it. So, I figured while I'm in new territory, I may as well explore some writing techniques that seem to work for others. If you read my last post, you caught the brief intro to my story called "The Grave Mistake". (If you were extra sneaky or you are not a brand new follower, than you've likely read my entire "Act I" on my side blog.) Either way, here goes nothing!
Character Interview with Winter Graves:
Where did you grow up?
"In The New Society, just like everyone else."
What's your happiest childhood memory?
"Probably the day I realized that I was different from the other "pod children" in my programming class. I was plugged in, just like any other typical day when I began to daydream about a painting. The act of letting your mind wander was an impossible feat, yet somehow it had happened. I was eleven years old, and the time was 11 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds."
Who was your childhood best friend?
"The TR-30, hands down. The best audio and visual recorder coin could buy. I never left home without it."
What is your greatest talent?
"Well, obviously, that would be my secret... I can trust you, can't I?"
Yes, most definitely. Everything you say here goes in the vault, never to come out.
"Alright, then I'd have to say poetry."
If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
"I am supposed to say that I wouldn't change a thing... that the Society Leaders know what is best for everyone. That's what I would change."
Do you have any regrets? What are they?
"Just one... I wish I'd known what the girl in the rain was going to do before she did it."
Do you have a significant other? How do you feel about them?
"I may have been in love with someone who wrote a book, if that counts. I loved him because he saved me, though he was terminated before I was born."
What can you offer the world?
"If it were safe, I could offer everyone in the world a life worth actually living."
What is your greatest fear?
"Losing myself completely, should I ever be found out."



Really intriguing character interview, now I'm curious about the Society and "pod children".
Great interview. I love how poetry is her greatest talent, but it has to stay secret. The New Society is seriously creepy, in a good way!
You've got me thinking . . . and that doesn't happen often;-) It was my first time doing a character interview too! Seemed daunting but then was really fun. You did fantastic!
Okay, T, I'm digging the concept. Love it. And I want to know what that girl in the rain did...that's not nice dropping little things like that out there and then leaving us hanging (pouty face). Nicely done!
Thank you so much, Clare, Shell, Jamie & Millie! It means the world to me that I've managed to create something that others might find interesting. As for leaving you hanging, I do apologize... but since my intention is to wrap this up soon as a short story and not try to stretch it out as a full length novel, I can promise that (most of) your questions will be answered sooner than later ;-)
What a fabulous interview! Very creative and seriously intriguing! You did a good job for your first character interview!