
No Contest
So... for the 4 people that have been following my unadvertised "private" blog for the past few years, the recent changes may have been unexpected. However, relocating halfway across the country away from my friends and family, with no babysitter to enable me to do a whole lot in the evenings while the hubs is working lead me to a decision: I could sit on my butt and watch TV every night, or I could pick up writing again. I created two additional blogs, one to start posting the "story of my life" and the other to post some of my fiction ideas. Then by a stroke of luck, I stumbled across a "blog fest" which was a flash fiction contest. I just couldn't resist. Now, I wasn't chosen as a finalist, but in my mind, it was still a win. I really and truly enjoyed hopping from blog to blog to see what other people had written for the contest. Even more overwhelming was the positive response and support everyone was showing for one another. Thus, I came to the conclusion that it might not be so bad to put myself out there. What good is creative writing if no one reads it? Being afraid of plagiarism is silly... and worst case scenario would be that I'll inspire others to write as they have inspired me. I'll still post things of random nature here, along with occasional Texas updates, but I hope to spend most of my time on the new blogs. And I think I'll participate in some more blog hops, too. Next up:

If you have a blog that's been neglected lately, why don't you join in on the fun?

If you have a blog that's been neglected lately, why don't you join in on the fun?


Yay! Thanks for signing up! Moving is hard but I'm glad you decided to do these bloghops.
New follower!