
"Honeymoon Sweet" (January 19, 2009)
I honestly cannot remember how Jason and I discovered the television show that I'm about to describe. It's on CMT and hosted by Tom Arnold, so you wouldn't think it would be something found on our DVR. However, My Big Redneck Wedding is fast becoming a weekly favorite. I think after watching nearly ten episodes of it, my once upon a time dream of a Vegas wedding seems a lot less trashy. However, Jason still won't budge on that and we're currently locating local venues and getting ready to make appointments for viewing and pricing. That's right… a save-the-date magnet will be in your near future. Until then, I will have to struggle with Jason to prevent him from stealing ideas from the show. Previous to becoming a fan, I don't think Jason put much thought into whether or not he'd like to write his own vows. Of course now, he cracks up laughing at the thought of quoting such gems as, "On this day, I thee wed. I love you more than garlic bread," and "I'm so happy you're gonna be my wife, I love you more than my Ginsu knife." Yup… those are real, I'm not making this up. Other favorite moments include a guy who collected raccoon penises (because they're made of ivory… see, you learn something new every day) and wanted one on every table as part of the centerpieces… the couple who tried to write "Just Hitched" upside down on the trunk of their car because they wanted to drive off a ramp and flip it over after saying their I do's, but messed up and put the "C" upside down and backwards… the jello shot wedding cake… the beer can wedding cake… a septic tank company owner who passed out "poop-ons" (coupons for service) at his reception… a groom who put on the new white wife-beater he planned to wear for the ceremony and had his friends draw a bow tie and buttons on it with a sharpie while he was complaining to them, "I don't want it to be too formal"… the bride who had her husband-to-be's driver's license polyurethaned into a belt buckle as a wedding present (so he wouldn't loose it at the bar)… and the couple who reserved a camper for their wedding night with a sign above the door that read, "Honeymoon Sweet". Again, I'm not making this stuff up. While I'm glad that the show is helping Jason and I get in the spirit of planning our own big day… I'm a little afraid of his love of themes and the danger that now exists thanks to rednecks across the county just dying to get on TV. So, my dear friends… if while discussing our future plans you hear Jason saying anything along the lines of "homemade iced tea fountain", "mud wrestling" or "toilet seat horseshoes" please let me know so that I can smack him.


0 comments:
Post a Comment