
Funky Socks!!! (February 28, 2008)
My very cool friend who lives up in the Chicago area, Adrienne, sent me chain mail earlier this week. Normally, I’d hit delete, but this wasn’t one of those "for every person you forward this to Bill Gates will donate 37 cents to a disabled baby in Nigeria" or ridiculous joke emails. No... this involved the gift of giving and receiving cool socks. Anyone who knows me knows I like cool socks... especially knee high ones. If you haven’t received this yet... don’t worry. You should soon because I have a feeling this will sweep the nation. The basic idea is that you get an email with two names and addresses attached. You and all who received that particular strand of the email send one pair of socks to the number one address. The number two spot is the person who sent it to you. Next, you re-send the email to six friends moving the number two person to number one and putting yourself as the new number two. Every time the email is sent, it’s sent to six people. If you do the math, you will receive 36 pairs of socks from random people (possibly strangers) just for sending one pair to someone else. What a deal, right? Well... it was all in good fun until my friend Maribel argued with me that you should only get 6 pairs of socks and the whole 36 thing boggled her mind. After eight consecutive emails and no luck getting through, I was forced to draw her a chart. Finding this highly amusing, I’ve decided to share my sock chart with everyone:


0 comments:
Post a Comment