
Another Chapter... (June 11, 2008)
It's been a year since I said goodbye to my spacious Altamonte Springs condo to embrace city living in the heart of downtown Orlando where one could walk to any number of trendy restaurants for brunch or a dinner at an outside patio, the history center, library, Lake Eola park and of course the clubs on Orange. The past 365 days have been eventful to say the least. While I will not miss drunken neighbors keeping me up on work nights or car vandalism, there are a few things that I will look back upon and remember fondly. These highlights include (but are not limited to) porch nights with Jordan and Erica, borrowing things from Amy next door, the pedal cab ride home from I-Bar with Mel, weekends at the festivals in the park, couples' brunches, bike riding on brick roads to work, walking to the wine bar with Jason on our first date and not letting him in my apartment... and that creaky floor board I mentioned in a previous blog. This apartment may have been the smallest space I've ever lived in, but it had a lot of character and held a year's worth of memories. This Saturday I'll swiffer the hardwood floors one last time and turn in my keys. Part of me is sad to say goodbye because becoming financially able to live downtown on my own was a little dream of mine since I was 18 years old. It took a while to get to the point where roommates were not needed and I could live comfortably regardless of the inflated rent due to location. However, now that I've turned 30 and am about to start a family of my own, I'm ready for the next phase in my life. I'm just glad I had a slice of city life just long enough to get it out of my system.
Suburban living and work commuting, here I come!
For my out of town friends who never got the chance to see it, here are photos of the "cute" little place I made my own...
Suburban living and work commuting, here I come!
For my out of town friends who never got the chance to see it, here are photos of the "cute" little place I made my own...


0 comments:
Post a Comment